Monday, July 31, 2017

Welcome to my blog!

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! For a grant I received to help fund my study abroad trip to Borneo I am blogging about my experience. Unfortunately while abroad wifi was basically non existent; a struggling with being in the middle of the jungle, so I translated my daily journal entries I wrote while abroad into blog posts.


A little about me:

My name is Alex and I am now a junior at the University of Minnesota majoring in Fisheries, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology with minors in Public Health, and Wildlife Care and Handling. I first studied abroad my freshman year on the program Coral Reef Management in Belize and loved it so much so I starting working the Learning Abroad Center to encourage other students to go abroad. Dawn Tanner, the professor that was one of the leaders of the Belize trip told me she was in the works of creating a wildlife conservation trip in Borneo and from that day on I made it my goal to go. I fell absolutely in love with Borneo and desperately hope I will be able to return in the future to do research on the incredible wildlife that call Malaysia home. Describing such a life changing experience is hard but I will do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment